Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It’s a ‘free’ week this week, so I dug into the TTT archives and saw this one. This looked like fun.. but then I had to trawl through my Goodreads shelves and try and remember how long it took me to read each book!
Well, here it is; books to read in a day (as long as you literally do nothing else. Just read. In bed. A book and duvet day. Yup.)
1. The Hit List – Set in an arts college I loved the environment and the drama it bred. Dancing, high school theatrics, romance. An easy page turner.
2. Along for the Ride – Sarah Dessen is so easy to read. I find myself finishing her books in a day, or in two night sittings. Sweet, smooth narratives.
3. Ugly Love – I was hooked into the emotion of this book. I could have finished it in a day (if I’d had the day to spare!)
4. Slammed – Noticing a pattern here? I’m so easy when it comes to a dash of romance. Putty in the author’s hands (especially Hoover’s). I read Slammed on a single train journey. I enjoyed the building tension and the movement of the story.
5. Be With Me – Similarly, I’m a sucker for a J Lynn title. You’re guaranteed to be taken on an emotional rollercoaster, but it’s so worth it.
6. Just One Day – I loved the concept of this book and the ‘travel’ aspect makes it so compelling. And yup, there’s the romance.
7. Fracture – One of the only books that isn’t ‘romancey’ on this list! LOL! Sorry about that… We’re going a little sinister for this one. Still has the romance aspect but much more focus on the action. Tres cool. It’s not a very long book, so reading it in a day is attainable.
8. The Geography of You and Me – Such a sweet book! Light and airy, it has the ‘travel’ element I mentioned above which keeps me locked in. The key to keeping me involved; a holiday romance! HA!
9. Anna and the French Kiss – This is in here because it has all the elements I love in a book (apparently). Romance, an ‘exotic’ setting, THE FEELS and just such quick witted and intelligent writing. LOVE this book. Could happily lose day reading this book.
10. Ouran High School Host Club – Gotta squeeze some manga in here! Manga is always perfect for a quick, entertaining read. And this series is so much fun.