TTT hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Holy hell. This is going to be difficult.. especially when I’m down to only one or two spaces left. Hurrrh. Here goes…
1. Richelle Mead. Because, hello? She’s badass. I love both her YA and adult titles. I love her character creation. I love her. I actually love her. End of. (Cannot WAIT for Soundless)
2. Anne Rice. I think her books really started something in me. The prose, the magic of the words, something about it all made me want to try and do it too. And ohmigosh. I have Prince Lestat… It’s slowly making its way up my TBR. I’m savouring it.
3. Maria V Snyder. I still feel so blessed to have met her. Similar to my experience with Rice’s books, reading the Study series sparked the reader inside me to come back to life again. Valek was my first (and probably only true) book boyfriend. Shadow Study was so good; you can see my review here.
4. Jennifer L Armentrout. Now, I’ve always felt a little guilty over how I acted in regards to the Covenant series. But the wonderful thing that hindsight is led me to write an honest letter of apology. I mean, it didn’t actually ‘do’ anything, but I felt like I had in how my brain thought about it, you know? Anyway, I received a lovely response to my blubbering letter and all is well with the world (although, she possibly thinks I’m a bit screwy). That said, I will pick up and read anything this woman writes. And man alive, she writes a lot!! Wicked is next on my list to read.
5. Megan Miranda. Another slightly odd choice, perhaps, because I haven’t always rated her books with flying five out of fives. But! There is something so compelling about her writing style. I love it. I think Hysteria is probably my favourite from her so far, but I included Soulprint since it was the most recent.
6. Pierce Brown. Came storming into my life with Red Rising.. which I didn’t stop raving about for the full year before Golden Son was published. Just some real good story telling. The detail, the drama, the politics. All of it meshes together beautifully. Gritty, squishy writing. (huh?)
7. Abigail Haas (aka Abby McDonald). This woman. She writes under three names (that I know of) and I won’t lie if I say that it has given me the confidence to do the same, when the time comes. I love her books as ‘Haas’ especially. Dark, terrifying and MY GOSH the endings. Phenomenal.
8. Leigh Bardugo. Her writing style is so addictive. Beautiful prose. Characters you really feel. And stories to end all stories! Ha ha! I’m really looking forward to Six of Crows.
9. Rachel Vincent. If I binge read an entire series you penned, in just one month, then you deserve to be on this lift. I loved the Shifters series, but having just received an ARC for The Stars Never Rise.. I’m more than excited!
10. J R Ward. All hail the WARDen. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series is up to 13 books now, and it doesn’t show any signs of tiredness. Strong, solid reads with badass mofo characters leading the story. There is no one like her. *bows down*
Phew! We made it! Who would you include on your list?