TTT, brought to you by The Broke and Bookish.
Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Blogger/Reader
1. I have a messy brain. Too many thoughts, without an ‘off’ switch. Blogging and reading both help me to clear out the clutter and to block the little niggles.
2. Keeping busy. I love to be busy. Having nothing to do is like my worst nightmare. I recently finished Semester A at uni and there’s a two week ‘assessment’ period before Semester B starts. I have no assessments outstanding.. Soo.. Now what? BLOGGING! 😀
3. I am read. Ok, weird phrasing, but books and reading have always been a big part of my life. Literature makes me feel like ‘me’.
4. Nothing says it better than this pic:
5. Community. I was, and still am, amazed at the strong sense of community and mutual support that can be found within the bookish world. Authors, bloggers, readers.. all come together in such a warm and welcoming way, and I never would have predicted such a response. So that’s you! Thank you for reading, for commenting, for making me feel happy and at home here.
6. Finding new. I have never been so immersed in literature. Whether it’s through twitter recommendations, bloglovin’ or the wordpress reader, I’m always finding new blogs and books to read.
7. Confidence. I know I babble. I know I’m sometimes a little too fuzzy about things, whereas at times I can also be prickly. Sometimes I wonder ‘why do y’all keep coming back?’ But for whatever reason, you do, and that has given me more confidence to speak, to chat, to question, than I have ever had before.
8. Visuals. Man alive, I love uploading book covers. Don’t they always look so bright and pretty and oh-so-readable when you blow them up, full size, on your blog? Mmm. I love to drool over a cover or two.
9. I can has smartz? Reading makes you clever. Not just because of what you learn while reading whatever book it is, but also because of the ‘after burn’. Like going for a run, your body continues to be energized for hours after. Same as reading. I read an article about it recently.. Must find it..
10. Adventure. In books. In blogging. It’s always a new adventure! And I never want it to stop!